[OM] Stacked TCs

Subject: [OM] Stacked TCs
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:53:27 -0700
Roger Clark posted some pics on rec.photo.technique.nature where he used
stacked teleconverters(Kenko Pro 300). He shoots digital. I remember when
jmm yabe'd his Zuiko 350 he said that he had used stacked TCs with
reasonable success. Has anyone found any brand TC that can be used with any
Zuikos or Tamron SP lenses to give 800mm + focal length with GOOD results?
Most of Gary's test results make even a single TC look questionable.

I'm very happy with the Zuiko 1.4x TC + Tamron SP 400mm f4 combination but
that only gets up to 560mm.

I suspect the image processing on the digital pics has a lot to do with
Roger's success.
FYI
Here are some images with 1.4x + 2x Tcs
http://clarkvision.com/galleries/gallery.NEW/web/brown_bear.c09.08.2004.JZ3F