[OM] Re: Economics, was Batteries again, again... now OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Economics, was Batteries again, again... now OT
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 07:24:38 -0600
At 05:04 AM 22/09/2004, Andrew Gullen wrote:

[snip]

>So maybe profit as a sole guiding principle is not a good way to organize a
>society?

Oh, I dunno.  It's still far superior to "From each according to his
abilities, to each according to his needs."  ;-)   (Or are we now adopting
the maxim that "A century of abject failure proves nothing!"?)

Garth

P.S.:  I'm back.  Moved to Calgary, Alberta from Edmonton (only 300 kms,
but it was traumatic for all involved, and it *was* "involved," that's for
sure...)

P.P.S.:  I love digital -- but Ilford's possible demise makes me sad for
purely sentimental reasons.  Gotta use up the stock I've got before DD-X is
no longer available...