[OM] [OT] Compatibility of Canon EOS body with adapter and OM bellows +

Subject: [OM] [OT] Compatibility of Canon EOS body with adapter and OM bellows + slide copier
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:12:53 -0400
Has anyone who is using OM gear on their Canon 300D/10D/20D, etc
actually tried to fit the Canon body with OM adapter onto the back of
the OM bellows?

This all has to do with whether the bellows and attachments such as the
slide copier can be used with the Canon digital bodies.  I was just
looking at the back of my bellows and it's not clear whether there is
sufficient clearance for a larger body without contacting the standard
directly below the mounting flange.

I'm also curious about the same question using the E-1.  My curiousity
at the moment is more directed at the usability of the slide copier.
Has anyone attempted to use their digital camera as a slide/film copier
as a replacement for a scanner?  With or without OM bellows/slide copier?

So, there's really two questions here.  One - Will the Canon bodies fit
on the bellows with OM/EOS adapter?  Two - how do either the E-1 or
Canon DSLR's fare as slide copy machines vs a dedicated scanner?

Chuck Norcutt