[OM] (OT) Fuji Finepix S3 Pro and Canon EOS-1 Ds Mark II at photokina

Subject: [OM] (OT) Fuji Finepix S3 Pro and Canon EOS-1 Ds Mark II at photokina
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:29:16 +0200
Hi,

since the digital vs. non-digital discussions and
the arguments con+pro full sized sensors come up
on this forum once in a while, I throw in info
on these Fuji and Canon beasts:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/51298

Sorry, that is in German, but most techno-speak
should be understandable. If anyone is desperate
to understand, but unluckily fais, I am willing
to translate. But try first ;-)

There is info on the new Fuji Finepix S3 Pro first.
That one got a interesting concept of S- and R-pixels
increasing the tonal range to near that of film
(so they say).

And the Canon features a full sized 24 x 36 sensor
with 16.7 mpix ...

In my eyes the whole digithing is still in
full swing and may bear some really astonishing
developments in very near future. The trouble
is: Who sponsors me to tests these machines
at a rate of several outfit per year? Until
I find that sponsor, I will stick to OMs/Zuikos/
IS/mju and CanoScan or my trusty CoolPix 950
(yes, just 2 mpix).

Andreas