[OM] Re: Question about OM-4 spot meter

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about OM-4 spot meter
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 06:23:12 -0700
Ooops.  Welcome to the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew McPhee [mailto:macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 6:02 AM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the tips.

I checked the screws on the bottom - all tight.

The battery cover is aluminium on the inside and black on the outside.  I
took the batteries out and gave them another wipe just for luck while I was
in there.  The battery compartment looks clean, no sign of green or rust in
there (although that horrid-looking little spring Oly used as a bottom
contact bugs me).

I'm using brand-new Toshiba LR44's.

I have the feeling the problem is a dirty contact somewhere in the
electronics.  But the fact that the spot meter does not work when the film
has been advanced bothers me - I would have thought those two functions
worked completely independently of each other.

Does your OM-4 spot meter work with the film advanced?

Andrew