[OM] Re: Kansas Concert Pics

Subject: [OM] Re: Kansas Concert Pics
From: "Michael R. Collins" <michael789@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:46:50 -0400
>Michael,
>  You must have been a wayward son to confuse them.

Yes, highly embarrassing to confuse them. Must be because, well I
love that dirty water... oh, and just drove back home from the Boston
area yesterday!

More on topic, though - I joined a jazz photography workshop this
summer, in one of the run-up events to the Beaches International Jazz
Festival here in Toronto. First time I'd tried photographing live
acts, so I was guessing my way around moving targets, dusk/night
shooting with slower lenses, unfamiliar film... and very
"busy"/distracting backdrops. The all-access pass was a major help,
of course! Even if I didn't get many shots I liked, I learned quite a
bit about the challenges, and look forward to next year's workshop to
make use of that knowledge.

These are scans from prints, on a so-so scanner (Microtek V6USL), but
for the record:

http://www.ownvolition.com/gallery/bijf2004/partigras/huezo1.jpg
http://www.ownvolition.com/gallery/bijf2004/partigras/huezo2.jpg
http://www.ownvolition.com/gallery/bijf2004/partigras/street1.jpg

Fuji Superia X-TRA 800, not pushed, OM-2n in manual, hand-held at
slow speeds (not sure what these three were), 135/2.8. I used my
75-150/4 as well, but I think these three were the 135. Lightly
Photoshopped, especially to address the greenish cast of the two
Daniel Huezo on-stage shots.

Michael
--
Michael R. Collins  ...  Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx