[OM] Re: E-20

Subject: [OM] Re: E-20
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:16:08 +0100
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:23:53 +0100, "Adam Long"
<adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It was £450 with the wide-angle ( x0.8 -28mm equiv) and telephoto ( x1.4-
>200mm equiv) convertors - all mint and boxed as new. I guess you can get
>better or worse deals on eb*y, but for the peace of mind of a 12 month
>guarantee I was happy with it. Plus with it being my local shop, I could check
>it out fully first.

Wow, that sounds a good buy Adam! I bought my E-10 (new) shortly after
the E-20 "took over" at a *very* discounted price from the camera shop
where my son works, but no supplementary lenses.

Reently I bought the 3 supplementary lenses as a package deal from
Digital Warehouse (excellent service BTW) for 199 UKP for the lot. The
best of the supplementaries is the 1.4x tele; the 0.8x wide angle
gives noticeably more colour fringing at the edges than the camera
lens at the 9mm focal length. The 300 supplementary is an awkward
beast to fit and is big and heavy, but the results are reasonable with
a significant loss of contrast and some edge fringing.

Enjoy!

Regards

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)