[OM] Ilford's chances

Subject: [OM] Ilford's chances
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:47:24 +0100
I spoke to my neighbour a couple of days ago about saving Ilford for
us.  His response was something like this:

"They've gone into administration haven't they?  Who are the
administrators?  Doughty something?  Well it's too late really; you see
they will slim the company down, they've started with the redundancies,
and sell it to someone – stitching them up [with a crappy deal].

I showed this chap (Tony Groom, see http://;k2-partners.com) what could
be done with some of their products, my prints and scans (as well as
Graham Battison's website) and his opinion was that Ilford's products
would survive and that we were merely seeing a rationalisation of the
sector.

Most of you have probably worked this out, but I thought that I would
let you know the outcome of my buttonholing him.

Chris

p.s. Earl, it didn't cost me in beer or whisky, but I am sure that he
will force me into a pub before too long ;-).cb

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.
+44 (0)7092 251126