[OM] Re: flash for XA2

Subject: [OM] Re: flash for XA2
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:11:18 -0500
We did this years ago with an old A-11 to use for testing XA's.  We put the
PC plug in the front through the "A-11" name, wired to the contacts.  Kept
the thumbscrew to mount it, but removed everything else.  Works fine with
any of the XA series cameras.

Note that with an XA set in flash mode, the aperture is approximately f/4.0
as I recall.  So long as you predicate your exposures on that basis, you
should be OK with just about any flash.  Don't know offhand what the other
cameras do, but it should be close if not the same.

I wouldn't try mounting a shoe on the flash -- too flimsy.  Just use a cheap
bracket and PC cord.