[OM] Re: Very OT - Gotcha

Subject: [OM] Re: Very OT - Gotcha
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:27:54 +1000
There was already a Sir Walter and look at the damage he did (cof, cof).
Sorry Your Emminence but the claimants are Koories, not some deranged
South Pacific Pommy expats with a sense of social hierarchy. Status is
based strictly on age, intelligence, fecundity and the simple ability
to survive. You'll need to get used to sitting under trees a lot,
building impromptu bark humpies, eating singed marsupials, digging up
yams and looking for water. Then there's the initiation rites - just a
little ritual scarring, packing the wounds with ash to produce nice,
raised cicatrices (so much more stylish and painful than tattooing).
And knocking out one front tooth. Oh, and the three month walk in the
desert in your underpants to prove that you're worthy of breeding. Give
up the guns too - how are you with a spear?
Of course, it's useful that you have already adopted the habit of
naming your cities after somewhere else so the renaming of NY as New
Wooloomooloo won't be too much of a wrench. You can have your pick of
Tangambalanga, Weaproinah, Tallangata, Warragul, Dandenong, Yaark and
Tumut for the other main cities.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a nice dinner of blackened eel,
baked rush roots and damper to eat.
Andrew(Baluk Willam)F - South Wurrundjerri peoples (I know which
bandwagon to jump on as it passes).