[OM] Re: Tokina lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Tokina lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:20:24 -0700
I don't know anything about that lens. I do know that the Tokina AT-X
35-200/3.5-4.5 is an excellent lens.

I also have a Tokina SZ-X 35-200/4-5.6, which seems to be pretty good so
far, but I haven't really finished testing it yet. It's big advantage
for me is that its 1:4 "macro" is at 200mm, rather than 35mm like the
AT-X and many other such zooms. I paid $55 for  a mint minus one.

The Kiron 28-210/4-5.6 is a famously excellent lens in that range which
also has its 1:4 at the long end. I paid $61 for an EX one with a little
dust in it.

Moose