[OM] Re: OM77AF - To buy or not to buy? cheaper one here also OM3

Subject: [OM] Re: OM77AF - To buy or not to buy? cheaper one here also OM3
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:28:07 -0700
on 9/3/04 11:29 AM, Timpe, Jim at Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>> I've never dabbled in the double-digit OM's.  I had no idea these were --
> dare I say? -- as worthless as they appear to be.<<
>
> Don't impune all double digit OM's like that.  The 20, 30, and 40 are fine.
> Have no personnal experience with the 10, but it has few detractors as well.

I think the OM-PC is a great 'carry around' body to use with your Zuikos...
The OM-10 with the FC manual shutter speed control is suitable, though they
are reputed to be less durable in some respects. I have one OM-F (-30) body,
and the 'focus confirmation' seems to be a little gimmicky, and the body
uses 5 (!) batterys... for the functionality of it I think the OM-G (-20) is
better. All of these can be had cheap enough to make them good
semi-disposable cameras for embedding in railroad tracks, remotely
triggering from 3ft from the edge of a racetrack, etc... of course you're
still risking a good lens there, and a winder.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...