[OM] Om Zuiko 75-150 zoom Lens

Subject: [OM] Om Zuiko 75-150 zoom Lens
From: "Gaillot" <gaillot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:58:58 -0400
I have a Zuiko 75-150 Zoom lens that I purchased in the mid 70s.  The lens
is clean, dust free, and functions properly.  The problem (maybe) is that
the zoom ring has developed a very, very, slight movement in the direction
of the long axis of the lens. The movement is so slight, almost not
noticeable but heard or felt as you zoom in and out.  You can also hear it
if you tap the ring. It is worse near the 75mm point than the 150mm point.
There is no play in the rotational direction as the zoom ring is rotated
around the lens.  I find this movement annoying since I do not like play in
the lens adjusting rings.  The focusing ring and f-stop ring are fine.  Is
this normal wear, a developing problem?  Is it time to have the lens
serviced?  This is my favorite.  Thanks for the reply.

gary
Murrysville, Pa