[OM] Re: Full Flash w/ 280

Subject: [OM] Re: Full Flash w/ 280
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:15:11 -0700
That's the reverse of what I read. I understand "lower-threshold" to
mean what it says, the lowest value at which Super FP mode will work
with Auto mode.

In Auto mode on the camera and SFP mode on the flash, the OM-4T(i) will
only set shutter speeds between 1/60-1/2000 sec.

I can't see any real point to using SFP mode except above 1/60. At 1/60
and below, conventional flash sync is in effect. Switch the F280 to
Normal mode and let OTF flash exposure control do its job, just like
using a T series flash. The whole point of SFP is to allow flash sync at
shutter speeds above 1/60.

One can use SFP at speeds below 1/60 with the camera in Manual mode, but
must manually calculate the exposure from the GN. Unless you have a very
special use, there is no point in this, as the Normal and Manual modes
work like a T series flash and with twice the GN of SFP mode.

Moose