[OM] Re: Zuiko 50 mm 1.8 cleaning

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 50 mm 1.8 cleaning
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:49:44 -0700
The difference in optical quality between the old and new lens will be
very great. I also bought a 50/1.8 early on, about 31 years ago, and it
is awfully soft compared to a recent version. The 50/1.8 went through at
least 5 significant redesigns over its life.

If you like the image quality of the old lens, a CLA should be fairly
inexpensive, as it is not a complex lens like a zoom.

Moose