[OM] recent photos

Subject: [OM] recent photos
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:57:20 -0700 (PDT)
I finally purchased a scanner, an Epson 3170.  Being a flatbed
scanner,I know it doesn't have the sharpness nor Dmax depth of a
dedicated film scanner but I don't think it's too bad.  The 3.4 Dmax
seems to be fairly decent for film and with some unsharp masking in
Photoshop (Amount 100, Radius 1.4, Threshold 1) on a 700x470 image
scaled down from an unsharpened 3200 scan, the sharpness seems to be
OK.

Image 22 and 23 were taken with an OM4t and a 85-250/5 Zuiko.  Image 23
was taken using the Vivitar Series 1 90-180.  All three images were
scans from Fuji NPS 160 using the Epson software. I have an incredible
amount to learn about digital processing... it's a whole new world for
me and right now, a lot of fun. :)

http://people.simons-rock.edu/rlovison/image22.jpg
http://people.simons-rock.edu/rlovison/image23.jpg
http://people.simons-rock.edu/rlovison/image24.jpg