[OM] Re: Wideangle London Bridge, was Welford Northamptonshire #6

Subject: [OM] Re: Wideangle London Bridge, was Welford Northamptonshire #6
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:13:11 EDT

In a message dated 8/27/2004 1:05:31 PM Central Standard Time,
ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

borrowed  the "Tall Texan's" Zuiko 18mm lens.  It is a lovely thing,
but I  would worry about looking after it.  Its unaccustomed angle of
view  is my excuse for having got the metering a little wrong ;-)

That's my  story and I'm sticking to it.

Chris, that was a great day walking along the Thames.  I'm sure you  would
join me in encouraging others to organize such events.

The 18mm is not such a problem to protect, compared to the 16mm where you
can't put a step up ring and filter in front of the front element.  The
exposures with that one are even a little more tricky, but then perhaps that is
 the
price one pays for such wonderful depth of field.  The two are totally
unrelated and DOF is one of the features I enjoy with both of these  lenses.

They are pretty useless with the e-1 however some of the unused ones  of the
OM series work out really nice (like the 50/55mm lenses).  I'll show  you next
time we get together.  Are you coming across the pond anytime  soon?  Bill
Barber