[OM] Re: om4ti, continuous shutter speeds?

Subject: [OM] Re: om4ti, continuous shutter speeds?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:17:19 -0700
When the OM-4T(i) is set on Auto exposure, the camera will select the
appropriate shutter speed -during- the exposure based on the light
reflecting 'off the film' (therefore the name "TTL-OTF") and will expose for
only the exact fraction of time needed for exact proper exposure per the
meter. This could be 1/752 or 1/37 or 1/9 or 1/1358 of a second. You are not
limited to only the marked speeds e.g. 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30 second, as you
are when in Manual exposure mode. The electronics allow for much finer
variation of the speed, continuous without any gaps, therefore no 'steps' in
the range from 1 second (actually much longer, still continuous and
stepless) to 1/2000 the upper limit due to the shutter mechanical design.
This is a superior shutter design, so long as your batterys are good...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...