[OM] Telescopic Auto Tube with OM-4Ti

Subject: [OM] Telescopic Auto Tube with OM-4Ti
From: Mike Lees <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:18:12 +0100
Hi,

I have been using my recently aquired Telescopic Auto Tube with my OM-4
successfully for some time now.  At the weekend I happened to use them for
the first time with my OM-4Ti, but the mechanism that tells the camera what
the aperture is selected on the lens did not work correctly.

Sometimes it would work until the aperture was set wider than f8 and then
would stop working completely.  When I removed the Auto Tube from the body I
could hear a slight click as something fell back into place.

The mechanism that stops the lens down for exposure worked fine.

I have done some further experiments: the Auto Tube works fine on my OM-4, 2n
and 1, but it doesn't work on either of my two 4Ti's

Every other lens I have got works fine on the 4Ti - including a 25mm Auto
Extension Tube.

I'm not sure what the problem is - will a new Auto Tube cure it or do both my
4Ti's need a CLA?

Thanks for any help,

Mike.