[OM] Re: Resistance is futile

Subject: [OM] Re: Resistance is futile
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:03:32 +0000
On an OM-4Ti with a motor drive, the 180/2.8 is a wonder to behold, a thing of
nearly unsurpassed beauty.  The only combination I fancy more, both for
impressive looks and performance, is an OM-4Ti, motor drive, and 100/2.

Whether the 80-200/2.8 Tamron is possibly marginally optically superior to the
180/2.8 Zuiko makes not one iota of difference to me.  I have both lenses, and
I readily confess that I am a big fan of the Tamron and use it fairly often.
But there's just no comparison between the pain of using this big, heavy,
basically butt-ugly lens and the pleasure of shooting with the sleek, much
smaller and lighter, not to mention far prettier, Zuiko.  Mine is to me what
the lamb was to Mary: everywhere that I go, the 180/2.8 is sure to go.

Walt, not feeling at all sheepish about saying so

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

-------------- Original message from Moose : --------------