[OM] Re: Loading E1 ORF files with linear gamma

Subject: [OM] Re: Loading E1 ORF files with linear gamma
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:49:25 -0400
OK I did some experiments and now understand the dilemma.
What ever converts the raw ORF data, will adjust the values to
a working space, such as Adobe RGB, and the file will be tagged
with that space. I think? And the unfortunate effect of using Adobe
RGB is the 2.2 gamma. I still don't fully understand what gets
converted to what when you convert to a different color space.

The raw converter for Photoshop CS allows you to pick from a
limited set of color spaces. I wonder if there is a way to convert
using a custom color space? Would that do what you want?

Wayne