[OM] Loading E1 ORF files with linear gamma

Subject: [OM] Loading E1 ORF files with linear gamma
From: "David Irisarri" <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:15:03 +0200
Dear friends,

I want to create ICC profiles for E1 camera. One for each colour temperature. I
remember Ektachrome colours and must recognize that it´s E1 weak point and all
digital cameras one. I have been working with many programs, Gretagmacbeth
ProfileMaker, MonacoSystems Profiler, LittleCMS and XLProfiler from Timo
Autiokari http://www.aim-dtp.net
This is the best site I´ve ever visited. This guy is a monster and his program
it´s truly awesome!
I have tried to make ICC profiles with my E1 and a Wolf Faust IT8.7/2 chart to
build the profile. I have heard Gretagmacbeth´s ColorChecker DC chart is better
to create ICC profiles for digital cameras. I load an OLYMPUS ORF image file
with PS RAW image plug-in in ProPhotoCD gamut colour space due to XLProfiler is
reporting to me that E1 gamut is wider than AdobeRGB 1998. I always use camera
defaults. The problem is that for building a good ICC profile I need linear
gamma and PS images are 1.5 - 1.6 gamma.
Then I tried DCRAW loader from Dave Coffin's Home Page
http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/ This is supposed to be the best camera RAW
loader that uses very good algorithms for interpolating E1 RAW files.
http://www-ise.stanford.edu/~tingchen/main.htm
I have tried these images, they are linear but too dark and I think they are
under gamma 1.0, due to they are much, much darker than my Nikon LS-4000 gamma
1.0 images. So I tried a new program, but refuses to load E1 ORF files.
http://www.dcnicholls.com/plugins/ It seems to be a very good one! but ;-(
Please I would be very pleased if someone could help me to find a good program
to load gamma 1.0 images from Olympus RAW files. I also have written to Olympus
Europa but I´m still waitting.

Best regards,

Dave