[OM] Re: Totally OT - Wireless HI-FI connect

Subject: [OM] Re: Totally OT - Wireless HI-FI connect
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:13:05 -0700 (PDT)
> Nah! The problem is that there are a broader range of
> competent,
> knowledgeable and experienced techies here than elsewhere.
> Only the best
> chose OMs and still value them and lots of them are here!.

Well, List-Mum hasn't polled the List Lap-dogs yet, but this one
will risk losing his doggy treat...

To Moose's comment, I've got to add that few people on this list
are full-time photographers. That means that we work in very
diverse environments and have multiple skillsets.

The subject of WiFi HiFi is of major interest to me for
professional sound system and video presentation installations
in houses of worship and other venues. At this point we're still
running into time cohesiveness problems. You can't have variable
delay.

I was sharing off-list with another list-member of a current
project.  Three weeks ago I was asked to co-engineer a Hotspot
network for a major trade show that happens at the end of this
month.  I wouldn't have minded having another 2-3 days to
prepare.  Anyway, I've been driving the neighbors nuts with my
prototype setups at the house and my warchalking the
neighborhood.  I know my setup has wiped out more than one WLAN
on my street.  I was having a good time until I setup a remote
WAP in the Perkins parking lot and my mast collapsed.  Oh, well.
 Now I've got an extra mast.  <grin>

Photographic content?  The 70 hour work weeks right now are
kinda cutting into my Zuiko time.

Anyway, WiFi HiFi is a great idea, but will require a Layer-4
application that monitors and corrects timing slips for
professional applications.  To bad ATM didn't take off for
non-carrier applications.  An ATM based WiFi standard would have
rocked.

OM content:  Zuikoholics in Telecom prefer ATM.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail