[OM] Re: Gayton Northamptonshire #3

Subject: [OM] Re: Gayton Northamptonshire #3
From: "Christian Cederberg" <cederberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:49:43 +0200
>From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: Gayton Northamptonshire #3
>Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:46:22 +0100

>Very clever Graham.  I like the Virgin machine vs the narrowboat.  I
>like railway locomotives (all that power!), but I miss the great sound
>of the diesel-electrics.  A reasonable substitute for steam I believe.

>Chris

Nothing can and nothing will ever replace steam. The Iron Horse was the
closest man has ever come to build the perfect living, breathing machine.
The lonesome whistle wail, the hiss of steam in the cylinders, it is just
pure poetry.
No, the railroads are just not the same without steam.

Kind regards,
Christian Cederberg
------
Besøg min jernbanehjemmeside http://cederberg.homepage.dk/