[OM] Re: OT Re: What's in a name - really OT

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Re: What's in a name - really OT
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:02:37 +0100
Reminds me of meeting a senior Japanes diplomat in Brussels.  We did the
usual, exchanging business cards, but I tried to maintain eye contact as he
said (I thought) "Dat eez my name".  "Sorry, what is your name?" "Dat eez my
name!".  I had to resort to deciphering the card ...  Which revealed him as
Mr Date, pronounced "da-teh", who must have thought of me as particularly
slow witted.  He probably is not alone.

Piers