[OM] Re: OT- EBAY- A Fishy "eBay" message....

Subject: [OM] Re: OT- EBAY- A Fishy "eBay" message....
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:18:40 +0100
Was the message sent as text, or as HTML George?

If HTML, then what you have posted may not be what you received (thoough it
may look the same) - specifically, the hotlink in your message is invalid,
but in the original, there may well have been a completely different link
hidden under the text which appears on screen.  I have several examples
purporting to come from Citibank etc, with the same trick, making it look
like it is a genuine ebay website, when it most certainly ain't.

The English grammar is not as I would have expected, and the "From" address
aw-confirm@xxxxxxxx is not the normal spelling (which does not have an upper
case "B".

Piers