[OM] Re: Cosgrove Northamptonshire #4

Subject: [OM] Re: Cosgrove Northamptonshire #4
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:05:35 -0500
At 11:42 PM 8/9/2004 +0100, you wrote:
> > Hi Joel,
> >
> > I just go with the meter reading. I have a vague recollection from years
> > back that I read somewhere about red filters throwing off exposure meters
> > but as I said, I just leave it to the camera. Thanks for looking.
> >
> > --Graham
>
>p.s. Not sure if I made it clear. I meter through the filter.

Hi Graham,
Yes, I figured that what you meant, thanks.  I've never had qualms about
shooting the yellow and light green filters that way, but I have noticed
discrepancies between the reading and the announced filter factor with red
and orange filters.  Sort of incapacitates me.  I usually don't like the
result I get doing it the "right way" by applying the factor and it sort of
puts me off using especially the red.  I need to experiment more.  Thanks
for the inspiration, as always.

Joel W.