[OM] Re: Common Spotted Orchid

Subject: [OM] Re: Common Spotted Orchid
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:30:19 -0700
I found them fascinating when I was a boy--an insect that made its own
bubble bath.  We call them "spittlebugs" in the U.S., but I believe that
"froghopper" is used as well.  I'd never heard the term cuckoo spit
before--colorful!  Inside the bubbles is a little green bug the size of
about half a dried currant.  And they *can* jump, farther than you'd expect.

--Peter