[OM] Re: Jeff Bridges as film Photographer

Subject: [OM] Re: Jeff Bridges as film Photographer
From: Magdalena Cano Plewinska <MPlewinska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 02:01:49 -0400
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 11:05:34 EDT, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>When shooting with the E-10 I feel I'm less of a
>photographer and more of a computer nerd.

I don't know... I've found that unless you get certain things (like
white balance and exposure) right to begin with, it's really a pain to
get the picture looking good in Photoshop (or whatever
image-processing program you use).

Same with distracting shadows and cluttered backgrounds.

So I have gotten pretty careful about thinking before I shoot. It's
not always possible to control everything, of course, like when you
are taking photos of a moving child, but if possible, "a stitch in
time saves nine".

And, yes, with shooting RAW, you can fix white balance (though it's a
drag and I'd rather not have do it), but you'll never get the
blown-out highlights back.

--
Magda Plewinska
Miami, Florida, USA