[OM] Re: Noise versus pixel area in image sensors

Subject: [OM] Re: Noise versus pixel area in image sensors
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:58:15 -0700
Additional pixels are being added faster than any development of basic
science relating to circuit noise, I think. The result is that noise
algorithms are being developed and added with some further degradation
of the image. I think the 4/3 and APS systems will be a thing of the
past by the time there are any further significant breakthroughs in
circuit noise.  I suspect that manufacturing of large sensors may
become more efficient sooner and that we will all be back to full frame
sensors, digital instead of chemical, and our viewfinders will be big
and bright again. Could be wrong though.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA