[OM] Re: ( OM ) scanning and digital resolution

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) scanning and digital resolution
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:37:59 -0700
This topic can fill a book, and I am sure it has. Quick summary: printing
really uses ppi and has nothing to do with the image's dpi per se. Having
said that, generally for good print quality, your image should have at
least 200 dpi and I use 300 dpi myself as minimum. So for example, if your
final image is 4"x6", then you should scan to have at least 1200x1800
pixels to have >= 300 dpi.

use richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)