[OM] Re: To bE1 or not to bE1? First Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: To bE1 or not to bE1? First Impressions
From: Stylianos Georgakis <stelge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:27:50 +0300
Hello Zuikoholics,
The answer is yes, yes, yes. I have this camera in my hands and I've
completely changed my mind. As you remember I would swear on the Bible
that never will I have the intention to buy a digital camera. But when
this beauty came in front of me I forgot everything. First impressions
from the camera are the following: Made for professional use and I mean
that you do not have to care about moisture and sand. All control
buttons give the sense that they'll do the job after 50.000 times of
use. Very quiet compared with the Nik*ns and Can*ns. When you compare
the E1 with the OM-4(t) a lot has to be done with ergonomy and the
response of the shutter. Another problem here in Greece is the lack of
support from the local distributor. Accessories for this system are rare
items, even flash brackets and off camera cords let alone lenses. I
bought the camera from a professional that disliked the lack of this
support. So beware before you buy it. Olympus once more doesn't care a
lot about their precious and loyal customers as we all are.

I'll post some photos after my holiday in Samothraki
Regards,
Stylianos