[OM] E-20n my opinion

Subject: [OM] E-20n my opinion
From: James <buja99@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:46:49 -0700
Hi,

I too am tempted by an E-1 but the cost right now is too much for me.  I
bought an E-20n instead as it was a lot cheaper and the build quality was
excellent.  I took the E-20n on a vacation and took some great
pictures.  My issues with it was that the max shutter speed (using best
.jpg quality) is only 1/640 sec which did not work out well for some action
shots I had in mind.  Also the infamous write speed drove me nuts as there
is only a four frame buffer and if four pictures were taken already, it
would take approx a minute to clear the buffer which cost me some shots as
well.  Lastly, I like my pictures to have a fair amount of color saturation
and the E-20n has no sturation setting  built into the camera so I had to
manually increase saturation to all my images which was a pain.

To me, I think the E-20n is a great camera but not for everyone.  I sold
mine for pretty much exactly what I bought it for and bought a competitor
brand which offerred a 35-420mm f2.8 focal range with Optical
stabilization.  To me that sort of Digital camera works better with my OMs.

Just my 2Cents,

James Burris