[OM] Re: Dying Film and Q. for E-1 Owners

Subject: [OM] Re: Dying Film and Q. for E-1 Owners
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 07:40:18 -0400
Politically correct has nothing to do with it, IMO.

For me, reasons not to go to current, full-frame cameras.

1. Body Cost, $4-8,000, with two options, Kodak N/C mounts, Canon 1Ds
2. Cost of a new system, as you can't exist without AF for most moving subjects
3. Weight,
3. Overpaying for current, SOTA technology

The E-1, with it's ability to go to 30x40 is fine for me.  Unless YOU need MF
or LF for some reason, 99% of paying customers and family don't care one-iota
about MF or LF.  Unless it's hanging at 30x40 in a gallery, nobody is going to
get 3" from your print and say: "Hey, look at the detail of that grass blade.
I'm having this guy do my next job."  Sorry to sound so cynical, but it's true;
most people just want results.  I have a frined who has been very successful
selling 16x20's from a 3MP camera....sad, but true.

Skip