[OM] Re: Olympus C-755 Digicam

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus C-755 Digicam
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:31:35 EDT
Hi Mike,

What I don't see in your posting is the reason (desire?) for the switch to
digital. If she wants one, fine, but make sure she does and that she realizes
any purchase will be a new learning experience. I say this from experience.
Many
women who aren't photo nuts like us here on this list, just don't want to
learn a whole new way of doing things when it comes to photography. They make
half an effort, and then go back to their familiar camera. I've seen this many
times. They may like the convenience of digital, but don't want to work at a
computer to get results. Many are just fine with pushing the shutter button and
letting the drug store "make" the prints. They generally want it simple. Women
are the reason the market is moving toward simpler methods- such as connecting
those newer, smaller 4X6 printers directly to the camera, or inserting the
memory media directly to the printer and by-passing the need for a home
computer
hook-up entirely.

No flames, I know I'm generalizing here, and my apologies if your wife is a
tech-savvy woman, but what I mean is most women aren't gear-heads like many men
are. They don't "need" new electronic toys like men do. If the IS-3 still
fits the bill, don't change to digital just because the whole world seems to be
changing.

George S.