[OM] Re: Auto failure only; on OM 2. [live to tell]

Subject: [OM] Re: Auto failure only; on OM 2. [live to tell]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:45:30 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

>Hi Moose,
>
>Thanks for your kind wishes.
>I'll follow Mike's advice and tell the list what happened. It may help
>others to avoid making some mistakes...
>You're right, titanium knee prothesis are very expensive and never work well
>enough.

They are wonderful for elderly people who would otherwise be unable to
get around. My mother need her second knee replaced now at 83. For
younger people, they are quite limiting. Now I see you were in danger of
much worse. I'm glad it turned out to be so relatively modest.

>There are a couple of things of my photographic life that are worth telling.
>Hope my English is up to it.
>
>We are in our winter holiday season now, and my 10 year old daughter wanted
>to visit the countryside of the departamento de Lavalleja, some 200 Km away
>from Mvd. We have our big mountains there, about 300 to 500 meters above sea
>level.

Was there supposed to be a smiley face here? Or maybe it is a language
problem. I live at 300 m and commonly walk up to 500 m in the hills
behind my house, and we just call them hills, not even big hills, let
alone mountains. An adjacent city is called El Cerrito, after a 100 m
hill down by the bay.

Anyway, I hope and expect that you will make a full recovery. The OM-2
should too.

Moose