[OM] Re: Eureka!

Subject: [OM] Re: Eureka!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:39:06 +0000
The Schnozz has a nose not just for silver, but for tripods, too!  The thing
was indeed in the OM-4Runner!

I may be one of the rare SUV drivers who actually gets into 4WD and goes off
road, which is, photographically speaking, a tremendous advantage when it comes
to getting within the 500-yard range of the photogenic.  I have, however, been
known to forget to unload everything I have hauled along, which, in this
instance, included the missing Bogen/Gitzo tripod.  Please don't asks me why I
didn't think to look there!

I had folded down the back seats to provide enough cargo space in order to
accommodate the hauling of one of those large, casket-like plastic storage
boxes from the nearby Home Depot.  We are using it on the deck to store bird
seed and some gardening gadgets suitable for the tending of potted plants and
hanging baskets.  (The REAL gardening gear is in the storage building out back
-- Troy-Bilt Horse, Stihl chainsaw, etc.  Still need to get a goat!)

Anyway, the tripod was under the still-folded-down back seats, left there from
a recent excursion to the Smokies.  Mystery solved.

Thanks, oh great silvery proboscis!

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from