[OM] Re: Mirror locks when advancing the film on OM-2n

Subject: [OM] Re: Mirror locks when advancing the film on OM-2n
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:41:52 -0400
It's not related to batteries.  Probably, the big mirror cocking arm in the
bottom is slightly out of adjustment.  So when the mirror unlatches from the
previous shot, the mirror charging arm cannot come down far enough to latch
for the next wind cycle.  As you wind it, latch is not set, so mirror goes
up.

Before winding, check the little arm inside the mirror box (along the right
hand edge).  Touch it gently and slowly push it down.  Then wind and fire.
Push arm down each time.  If mirror now does not go up as you wind, problem
is with the main mirror latch.  CLA would be required.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane,
Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,