[OM] Re: [OT] Any comment on Metz CT45-5?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Any comment on Metz CT45-5?
From: Juergen Marbacher <main@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:25:53 +0200
At 27.06.2004, John Lind wrote:

>I have a 60 CT-4 which is similar conceptually, but not completely the
>same.  I believe the 45 CT-5 is an SCA-500 series (for OM's it would use an
>SCA-520).

Yes, it is an SCA-500 series. I bought my 45 CT-5 some twenty years ago to
go with the OM-1 I owned at that time. When I bought my OM-4 I had to
switch to the SCA-521, which works with all OMs except for the OM-1(without N).

>I've never had a problem with the auto sensor built into the head, either
>with or without the secondary turned on.

Nor have I. And am sure my barenaked CT-5 is technically identical to the
dressed ones ;-)
See: <http://www.marvinmar.de/nmz/45ct5/index.html>

>Don't know if any of the 45 series handles have this
>diffusion panel or not.

I don't think so. The 45 CT-5 definitely does not. It has two loose
diffusors for the main and the fill-in flash, that can individually be put
onto the flash tubes ... and that tend to get lost or broken so easily.

>Don't know if this will help or not.  I'd be looking first at something
>blocking or reducing reflected light reaching the sensor.  This is the
>usual culprit.

Might even just be dust or dirt on the sensor.

jm