[OM] Re: A photo kind of day - a little long, but oh, so good!

Subject: [OM] Re: A photo kind of day - a little long, but oh, so good!
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:26:55 -0400
Bill, everybody knows that painting is infinitely more, ahhem,  *creative*
than photography! Gee whizz, all you have to do is push the button, what
is the art in that? Everyone knows that to paint, you have to have artistic
vision while with photography all you have to do is point the little thingy at
what has already been created. And all *real* art takes lots of effort and
sweat. All the photographer has to do is just be there. The rest is just
technician stuff. You know, those who can't paint, well, they switch to
photography. Photographs don't come out of you like a painting does.
Gee, what were you thinking!? You need to get out all those old half empty
cans of paint sitting in the garage and splash it on some cardboard or a
4x8 sheet of plywood. Now that is real creative visionary art. Forget the
silly photography stuff, everyone can do that.

Wayne

(of course you know I'm kidding, and I'm not trying to impinge on
the local curmudgeonologist either)