[OM] Re: What I didn't bargain for

Subject: [OM] Re: What I didn't bargain for
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:43:49 EDT
 james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Anyhow, it seems like it doesn't like being left alone and the chances
> are it will need a CLA at some point

You have a used camera body of unknown history that has already exhibited a
problem. Hmmm... I'd think you've reached that point already.You really don't
know exactly what caused this behavior, and you are assuming KEH "checked it
out" before offering it for sale. You are also assuming that by "checking it
out" they are certifying that body. Do you really know what they mean by that
term?  It could be as little as turning on the camera and seeing that the
display
lights up. You really don't know, do you? Do you want to gamble on it during
an important or once in a lifetime shoot? If you got a "bargain" grade, then
you should have gotten a "bargain" price, and should have figured the cost of a
CLA  into the equation. After all, the youngest the body could be is 17 years
old, not a terribly old age, but anything is possible with used equipment.
I'd get the CLA now for peace of mind.

George S.