[OM] Re: [OT] Lenmar chargers, was A cautionary tale...

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Lenmar chargers, was A cautionary tale...
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:42:30 -0400
Timely topic.

I bought a Lenmar Mach 1 charger in a closeout sale about 6 months ago,
having heard they were very good. Four of their AA's were included. I didn't
need them for a while as I've been using up some Pure Energy batteries.

A couple of days ago I open the package, plug the adapter into the charger
and the wall, then insert batteries. Rien s'arrive. Each time, the LED on
the leftmost filled slot flashes, no matter which slots are filled.

The manual says a flashing LED means a faulty battery, but it's always only
one, and always the leftmost.

Anybody have experience with these?

Andrew