[OM] Re: Another old guy digital rant

Subject: [OM] Re: Another old guy digital rant
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:03:54 -0700
I used to chalk it up to hearing as well. But when I have, even on
superb equipment, pointed out the clicks, pops, cutter rumble recorded
on the LP, wow from off center holes, rolled off bass not equalized by
RIAA curves, a groove that is distorted a little more each time you
play it, and a shallow noise floor, most "analog is better types" admit
hearing them, but insist that it still sounds better. I have concluded
it not hearing ability. It is mental. :-)

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA