[OM] Re: OM insurance

Subject: [OM] Re: OM insurance
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:10:18 -0700
On Friday, June 11, 2004, at 02:44 PM, JOHN DUGGAN wrote:

> Do I send camera to clint (he still has meters) This will use up half
> of cheque, OR do I invest the money towards a Leica CL or Minolta CLE
> with 40mm lens. I already own a mint Leica 50mm f2 summicron lens and
> I really want to try it out. I figure the Minolta / Leica option will
> cost me about the same again as the cheque I have been given.
> I know we have some Leica users on this list and I would appreciate
> advice - on or off list- regards John Duggan

Hey John,

I would say go for a Minolta CLE. You'll probably spend your check on
just a body though. Used with your Summicron you'd have a sweet set-up.
You probably already know about this site:
<http://www.cameraquest.com/cle.htm>

I'd love one of those myself, as a second M body.

Or...even more reasonably, a Voightlander Bessa T, on closeout at $185:
<http://www.cameraquest.com/VCBessaT.htm>

You'd need an accessory viewfinder too, $128 for a 50.

In fact, I have a working XA and A11 flash I'll sell you for US$100.
CLA'd about two years ago, not used much since. There, you can have
your cake and eat it too!

-Rob Harrison
Seattle