[OM] Re: TOPE 18 - 1 new entry, event closure and opening of shooting s

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 18 - 1 new entry, event closure and opening of shooting season ...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:38:58 -0700
Marc Lawrence wrote:

>Any suggestions for something that might feel like
>an angora scarf rather than a cat-o-nine-tails around
>the neck? (or any other way of carrying, ready, the
>camera(s)).

I have a couple of the neoprene straps. They are not too bad, but really
don't deliver on the comfort promise and get sweaty/slippery in heat. My
facvorites are a couple of SunKosi straps. Just some light padding
wrapped in soft fuzzy fabric and stitched on 1" (25mm) webbing, but the
most comfortable I've found. I didn't find them on the web, only their
pouches.

Another solution is a harness. Properly designed, they spread the weight
onto the shoulders and upper back, sparing the neck. They can make a
huge difference. They also reduce swinging/bouncing. Try searches for
'camera harness' and 'binocular harness' There are lots of entries,
mostly for 2 designs, both of which appear to have fixed attachment at
the back crosspiece. The one here
<http://www.cartom.virtual-space.com/photop.htm> looks more moveable. I
didn't find the very simple and effective one I have for my binocs. It
is just some 1/4" nylon cord and a few pieces of standard hardware,
swivels and clips.

Moose