[OM] Re: Using Digital Camera to Copy Slides and Negatives

Subject: [OM] Re: Using Digital Camera to Copy Slides and Negatives
From: "Daniel Tan" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 17:33:15 +1000 (EST)
Yes.
The photography unit (medical illustration at a hosp) I volunteer at uses
a d1x to copy slides with a proper slide copying rig. Works well. From
memory, the lens used is a ni*kor 60/2.8 macro or something along those
lines. No tubes required. Resolution & image sharpness depend mostly on
the lens & camera, but light distribution is controlled via the copying
rig. It looks to be a soft lightbox type with a PC flash sync to brighten
the slide properly.

Daniel Tan

> Hi All,
>
> We are all familiar with the capability of film SLR in copying/duplicating
> slides.
>
> With todays prices of high resolution film scanners, is it not feasible to
> use the present digicams, especially the SLR's to copy slides or negatives
> in the same way as the film camera does? That is using also extension
> tubes or close up lenses as may be necessary. Will resolutions be
> acceptable or will there be no problem on image corner sharpness or light
> distribution.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dado