[OM] Re: About those TSA luggage checkers...

Subject: [OM] Re: About those TSA luggage checkers...
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:36:30 -0500
I'm thinking road and rail trips... What is amazing is that the terrorists and
the governments together are destroying the ability of citizens to travel
unmolested on any business requiring speed.

One correct solution is in theory to finish your packing at the airport under
the supervision of fully monitored TSA staff. This would really require
tamper-proof luggage with cryptologic locks. A pain, but safe in theory. Money
to be made -- but mostly public monies to be appropriated, I guess, so we can
dream on. {Phil}

PS -- and I won't be getting into how easy it was to defeat security at the
Atlanta Olympics despite all the outward security. It was a favorite topics
with translators.

On 7:11 PM, Chris Barker wrote:

>Hmm Phil, it all looks rather worrying. Air travel is getting more
>difficult, whether it is because of a cheapie airline (RyanAir)
>refusing to look after your gear properly, or the huge hassle of
>getting into the USA now (availability of credit card details, visa
>requirements, baggage handling and screening).  What with the price
>of fuel, it looks like we will have to get used to enjoying the
>scenery on our own doorsteps again.
>
>Chris

==