[OM] Re: In press (not impress)!

Subject: [OM] Re: In press (not impress)!
From: "Sam Shiell" <Sam.Shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:07:02 +0100
Guys,

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

It turns out that the story I got was wrong. The contact I got from them was
from a work-experience student (in UK pupils in their final years at school do
a couple of weeks in industry, normally unpaid, to see what the real world is
like) who "re-interpreted her brief" when she spoke to me.

The news editor tells me that what she should have said is "if you're taking
pictures anyway and any are usable could we have a copy of one and we'll do an
article, at a time that suits you". There should have been no sense of this
being a commission from them

Whilst I agree that they're making money out of me, if I stick my heels in then
they probably wont do the article. This would seriously *%&^* off the community
project involved if the article was cancelled as direct result of my actions
and would almost certainly get me the sack as the (voluntary) staff
photographer of their small free magazine as well as damage to my general
standing.

So I'll have to acquiesce on this one and hope that the paper is so impressed
with me that they'll call me when their staff photographer is busy (much chance
of that!)

Cheers
Sam

This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the named addressee
only. It may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged and
protected by copyright. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive on behalf of the addressee) you may not copy, use or disclose its
contents to anyone else. If you received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender immediately and then delete it from your system. We make every effort to
keep our network free from viruses although we can take no responsibility for
any computer virus which may be transferred by way of this e-mail.