[OM] Re: Shoe 4

Subject: [OM] Re: Shoe 4
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:20:31 -0300
on 26/05/2004 17:01, Timpe, Jim at Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Just roll with it and laugh.
I know, I understood it even from when I first posted on this thread :-)
But why did I post it then? - hope my English is enough to explain myself.
Suddenly I felt bored about naming as a disease what in fact is a very
creative activity, a truly artistic activity if seriously exercised.
I felt bored also because too much emphasizing on how much gear does anyone
have.
So why call it as a disease when photography makes you feel well, share what
you've produced, make e-friends and make your intelligence grow while
resolving specific technical situations and even creating aesthetical ones?
Is it that we need some sort of excuse for allowing ourselves such a
pleasure? "....excuse me, but I'm a zuikoholic, that's why I'm compelled to
enjoy this. Moreover, I enjoy photography better if I use this brand of
photographic machine because I love it, not the other one which I love not."
Well this is not a disease for me, it's something perfectly normal.

For some time, I frequented an audiophile forum named AudioAsylum. People
there also liked to treat themselves as fools. But sure they knew how to
listen to music, and some of them knew about music too. They also needed an
excuse for doing something pleasant.

Last, maybe it's me for whom a disease is no joke. And for whom buying some
Oly gear has always been difficult, sometimes because of money but not
always. And wishes to have done better pictures instead of studying medicine
for sooo long.

/F.