[OM] OM-20 / OM-G finder screens removable? Loose object inside.

Subject: [OM] OM-20 / OM-G finder screens removable? Loose object inside.
From: Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:53:30 +1200
Hi, folks,

Thanks to Moose, Ross Orr and Chuck Norcutt for the help they gave me
recently with my "new" OM-1.

Now I have an OM-20 / OM-G with a problem. Please cc any rapid
answers to me as well as list as I am on digest.

There is a loose bit inside the Finder, just above the screen. Looks
like a thin metal or plastic strip, about 2/3 inch long by about
1/16th or less of an inch wide. It slides around freely in the space
between the finder screen and the pentaprism, and when the camera is
tipped it slides off the screen area, leading me to believe it is
some sort of part of the finder shielding or frame. It does not
affect operation of the camera. I would think it was a part of the
meter apparatus, except that this camera uses LEDs, not moving meter
parts.

My question: I assume the finder screens on this model are not
interchangeable, as in top OM cameras (there is no release tab
visible), but is there an easy way to actually remove the screen to
at least get the object out, if not find out what is is and if it's
important to put it back in place.

An image of what is seen through the viewfinder window is at

<http://www.antipodes.co.nz/michael/om-20obj.jpg>

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

--